Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I would like to take a moment and wish all of my friends and fans a very Merry Christmas and and a very Happy New Year. It's been a great year for me, and The Bob Narley Show, and without the fantastic support of my crew and our listeners none of this would have been possible.

I truly feel that I am one of the luckiest people on this earth. My friends would tell you that it's because I was born Chicago Irish. While that may be true, that is not at all what I'm talking about. What I really mean is that I am lucky because I get to wake up every morning to a great job working with a talented crew of people who also love what they do.

Every day we receive emails from all over the world complimenting us on our work and telling us how it made them laugh or brightened up their day. I can't tell you how rewarding that is to all of us here on The Bob Narley Show. My extremely talented crew will spend countless hours helping to create the fantastic comedy audio that is available, and yet they almost never receive any money for it. They help to create these productions because it's what they like to do, they are proud of it, and they enjoy the fact that it has effected so many people in a such a positive way.

This year has brought many changes to my life and my show. I resigned from my job at Real Rock 92.5 and left the great state of Florida to move with my family back to my hometown outside Chicago Illinois. I started taking improv classes at the famous Second City where I have I have met many new friends and learned a whole new way of creating comedy. We started Podcasting the show, which has enabled us to reach thousands of new listeners from all over the world. This month, traffic to bobnarley.com has quadrupled last months traffic and continues to grow exponentially. I have taken some big chances and luckily they have all paid off.

We have a lot planned for the next year and I'm excited about the possibilities that it will bring. I will be continuing my classes at Second City and I have invited some of my friends there to join me in the studio to see what we can dream up. The success of the first Podcast hasn't gone un-noticed, and next year we will make it longer and better, and even more fun. The studio here is getting a new make over and with the new equipment will come even more parody songs and comedy bits. Chicago is a great place for radio and I plan on being a part of it in 2005.

I would like to say thank you to all the people who have given so much to my family and the show over the last year:

A special thanks to all my friends and co-workers in SW Florida, who opened up their homes and their lives over the last 3 years, and contributed so much to the work we did while we were there.

To The Bob Narley Show Freaks. You guys are crazy, and I love that about you. Thanks.

To my band and road crew, you guys rock! I feel so blessed to have such a talented and fun group of people help bring the comedy to the live stage. Our shows are never easy, and something always seems to go wrong, but I guess that's what makes it so fun. You guys rock, thanks!

To my family, who put up with all the craziness that surrounds my life. Thank you for your trust, and for your incredible support. I couldn't have done any of it without you. I love you all very much.

To our listeners, the freaks and the geeks. On behalf of all of us here at The Bob Narley Show, thanks for listening, thanks for your support, and thanks for all of the great feedback! You guys rock and we appreciate your taking the time to listen to our work!

Thanks to all of you for making 2004 such a great year. I hope that 2005 brings both you and your families great success and happiness.

Peace,

Bob NarleyDecember 23, 2004

Christmas Comedy Songs

Free MP3 Comedy and Parody Songs